Tuesday, July 16

turtle necks and poster sketches





turtle neck - h&m
pants - h&m
flats - coach
necklace - AA

This is me killing two birds with one stone - putting up an outfit and practicing my illustration all in one post! I got introduced to illustration about a month or two ago, and I was really excited to try my hand at it! Art is something I've always felt I could be good at, but never had the patience or outlets to hone my skills (if you can call this skill). Inspired by the likes of Hayden Williams and Garance DorĂ©, I really hope illustration is something I will come to be effortlessly expressive with. I used copic markers and illustration pen for this piece - it's not my best or most detailed work but its a start! It took me 3 mins to sketch out what I wore to work and I couldn't wait to share it with you! Let me know if you would like to see my other illustrations. :-)

Silly me wore this outfit on a hot summer day just because I was leaving for work at 8am and it was grey outside. Surely, I learnt my lesson when I was walking home under the still-scorching 5pm sun. In hindsight, maybe checking the full weather report would have been a good idea... Then again, I would have missed my shot at looking like a debonair french painter/ florist/ curator/ somebody that day! So maybe everything does happen for a reason! 

p.s. I'm thinking about starting an illustration project soon, but I really cannot decide on what I should do! If you're interested in doing a project with me then please email me, or leave a comment. It could be a project on our summer inspirations or our favorite things/trends/people/places. We'd just end up posting what we made for each other to see! It'd be really fun to do and I'd love to see what you guys produce. It's still just an idea so let me know if it's something you might be interested in doing! 

Have a lovely week!

1 comment:

I love reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...